'Tui na' translates literally into "pushing and grasping" in Chinese. It manipulates by pressing, kneading and rolling to remove blockages along the meridians of the body and stimulates the energy flows "Qi" move through the meridians of the body to promote healing.
It's quite powerful during the deep-tissue manipulations and sometimes herbal oils are used to aid in the healing process.
Treatments usually last about 15-30 minutes and involves wearing loose clothing or partially clothed, laying or sitting on a treatment couch. Treatment would focus on pain sites, acupressure points, energy meridians and muscles and joints. Depending on the complaint being treated, It can be used singly or in combination with other form of treatments.
Tuina (Chinese Medical Massage)
The patient usually feels either relaxed and tired or surprisingly energised by the treatment.
Benefits of Tui naTui na can be used as treatment for a variety of conditions, including:
* As a form of preventative care for maintaining physical wellness and stimulating the immune system
* Chronic stress related disorders of the digestive, respiratory and reproductive systems
* Stimulating blood circulation and regulating the nervous system
* Alleviating pain, tension and inflammation Promotes speedier recovery from injury (like sports injury, etc).
* Increases mobility and joint flexibility
* Relieves muskuloskeletal problems and improves posture
* Relieves discomfort during pregnancy
* Reduces anxiety
* Promotes an overall feeling of well-being